Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens....these are a few of my favorite things????  Um, no. Not for me at least. Funky cookie cutters and fun colored silicone cupcake liners - These are a few of my favorite (bento) things! 
You might ask, "What exactly do you need to make a bento box?" In all honesty, you don't need any special tools. Just some imagination and maybe a pairing knife to cut out shapes if you want.
I thought I'd share some of my favorite supplies toys, that I like to use and why. And to be honest, I could probably do with out all these items below but this is what makes it fun for me.

Bento lunch accessories
  • Cookie cutters are great! I like to use them for bread, tortillas and fruit. The metal ones, such as the star above, works best for fruits and vegetables. The Darth Vader shape is also another type of cookie cutter.  It cuts out the shape AND it also impresses an image into the bread. Super cool!
  • Silicone cupcake liners. I use these daily to hold fruit, hard boiled eggs, veggies...pretty much everything. They are perfecting for keeping food separate and they also add that pop of color.  I have square and circle ones. I just recent purchased mini cups and star shaped ones (look for these in an upcoming post from my trip to Daiso).  
  • Food Markers are a fun, creative and SAFE way to draw on food. They are completely food safe so I can add little faces to clementine oranges or draw pirates on mini hamburger buns. The possibilities are endless!
  • Plastic food dividers or "baran".   In the picture above, they are the ones that have the little animals printed on them.  These ones are plastic and I like to use them to put little fruits of gummy fruits in. Some of them are flat pieces of plastic but the ones above open into a little mini cup.
  • Food picks are probably one of my MOST favorite accessories. The kids can use them to pick up pieces of food that I've cut small or sometimes I will just stick one in sandwich to add some pizazz to it.  I buy my food picks at the grocery store and even at the cake shop.  The "BOO" pick above is one that you would actually use in a cupcake.  You can also make your own food picks by attaching stickers to a toothpick.
I hope you enjoyed this peek into my bento supplies! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?