Thursday, November 8, 2012

Falling Leaves

This morning it rained but I think it is still a beautiful day.  The sun is slowly trying to peek out from the clouds on this cold fall morning. I love when the weather is like this. Cold but still sunny.  It's the perfect time time for comfort food and cuddling up with the kid & the hubby.  Ok and maybe our little yokie, Jacob, when he's not trying to nibble on one of our fingers.
Today's lunch was inspired by a recent lunch my older son and I had at California Pizza Kitchen: Panko Crusted Mac & Cheese. We had ordered it as an appetizer and he asked me if I could try to make it for their lunch one day. And here it is in it's cheesy baked (not fried!) glory...YUM.  
Fall themed bento lunch for kids with Panko Baked Mac and Cheese
Panko Crusted Mac & Cheese, Grapes, Strawberries and Goldfish.

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the Panko Crusted Mac & Cheese in a bento!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! Are they like little nuggets? Yum! I finally made my first baked Mac & Cheese... and the little rotter hated it! :( "I want REAL macawoni and cheese. Not MOMMY'S macawoni and cheese!"
    She might eat it if I made nuggets...

    Thanks for linking up to Tried-It-Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete

Comments?